Sunday, April 19, 2015

New ins & talk about clothing sizes

Hello luvs! Here are some new stuff that I bought some time back and in the end a little talk about sizes. :)

  
Looove. I remember first seeing similar dresses on punk and grunge girls and now I just had to get one for myself (H&M). I don't know if these have an actual name, but to me it looks like a nun dress. :D I tried this on a few times before but I weren't really sure about it because of the sleeves. Sometimes you need that double check and the right feeling. 

  

Basic black and white stripe dress from H&M. I actually wear this the other way around because my chest area is naturally very bony so I like to cover it up. The material is very thick so it's super warm to be used on colder days.

  

Super pretty lace crop top from H&M

  
^ grey skater skirt, loove it. I only tend to buy high-waisted skirts, I feel like they suit me the best and I don't really know how to wear a "normal waist" skirt!

  

Sunflower t-shirt from Gina Tricot. I don't usually like shirts with text prints but this one is nice. I'm thinkin of wearing it with my overalls and a black choker.

  

 I will cut the sleeves off from this one.

  

Choker and a longer necklace, these look elegant and super pretty.

  

Wallander fan here again.

  

I've never had pop rocks before! In Finland grocery stores have America sections where you can find all sorts of goodies. I'm not a big candy eater but these tasted good.


I really like everything that I've got and I feel like my current wardrope does look alot like me. Of course there has been some stuff that I thought were great but I haven't really been using them in the end. I don't think I have any certain type of a style though as I like so many different types of things.
What I've noticed is the large variation with sizes. When I pick up stuff to try on I go from XS to L. The first dress is size small, stripe dress extra small, lace top small, grey skirt extra small, sunflower tee large and whatever top small.

When I tired on that grey skirt I first picked up a size S, like I normally do as that has been my size with for example with my tartan skirt. (From which I actually had to get two buttons off and sew them back to a different spot so it wouldn't feel too tight. So I think it is more of a size XS than EU36/S.) Well back to the grey skirt. So I tried it on and it ended up being huge on me. There was no way it would had stayed up. Luckily they had XS sizes left.
With dresses I also go for the size small but I tried my luck with the stripe dress as there was only sizes XS and M left, turns out it fits me perfectly. 
 Of course I can only speak from my opinion, how I feel and what my size(s) are but I really don't think the sizes are always correct. Our bodies have changed during the years and that also changes the clothing industry and it shows on clothes. I've come across clothes that say size L, but I'm pretty sure if I would actually be a size L, it would not have fitted me / it would had been too short. 
With the tees I picked up the large one because I like my shirts a bit more baggy but as I'm going to change the other one to a top the smaller size worked fine. 

It always depends on what type of a clothing it is, is it boxy, skinny, short, long... We shouldn't really be looking at the size but just try things on and see what looks and fits the best. It could help people who feel bad about shopping for clothes because they think they are certain size even though that might not be the truth. Have you guys any thoughts of clothing sizes? 

xx 





2 comments:

Ruby Sterland said...

I love that second dress! I agree, clothing sizes vary so much it's crazy! x

www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

Sophie Elizabeth said...

You got some excellent pieces! Great haul xx

Sophie Elizabeth
www.popcornandglitter.co.uk